Monday, July 2, 2012

Anderson Cooper gay and proud

CNN host and reporter Anderson Cooper, admitted in a letter to Andrew Sullivan that he is gay.

On his email to Sullivan he wrote, "The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud."

Anderson Cooper

He kept his private life from the public, but his family, friends and colleagues knew about it "I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something - something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true." Cooper wanted to keep his private life hidden to the public to maintain personal and professional principles.

But due to violence, bullying and discrimination to gay people he decided to come out and stand up. 'I’ve never wanted to be any kind of reporter other than a good one, and I do not desire to promote any cause other than the truth."



Read Cooper's letter here 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...